Friday Parent Updates
Weekly Parent Update September 25th, 2022
Dear WHS Families,
So summer is behind us and fall is apon us with cool temperatures and crisp breezes. We have just completed our second full week of school and and the days have been productive and full. I hope everyone has eased into the new school year and that students are enjoying their time at the high school.
The Weekly Recap:
- School Counselors Jill Brittion and Rachel Kurek have met with all Seniors to present Post Secondary Planning information. They also worked one on one to create Common Application accounts and add at least one college/university to which they plan to apply. Students also updated Naviance, matched their Common Application, and worked on their resumes.
- Every Thursday for the month of September, all grades have met in their individual Advisories to prepare for Spirit Week and Field Day to maximize teambuilding, collaboration, and participation.
- Mr. Savage's biology students have been learning about the 4 stage life cycle of the monarch butterfly through a butterfly hatchery experiment.
- Mrs. Hourihan's Painting Class has been working on some murals in our library. This project is student driven with their ideas for their favorite books and people. Elvis and Princess Diana are just two of the faces that are being sketched in the biography section. It's a work in progress!
- The Broadcast Communications Class is working on the WHS Veterans Day Video. Please forward your Family Member Veteran photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, September 26th: Twin Day
- Tuesday, September 27th: Mini Me Day
- Wednesday, September 28th: Formal Dress Day
- Thursday, September 29th: Decade Day -Freshmen-60's, Sophomores-70's, Juniors-90's, and Seniors-80's
- Friday, September 30th: Field Day! Wear your class colors! Freshmen- Purple, Sophomores-Blue, Juniors-Red, Seniors-Black
- Wednesday, September 28th-Senior Parent Information Night for Post Secondary Planning @ 6PM in the WHS Library
- Thursday, September 29th-Math Meet @ 3 PM in the WHS Library
- Friday, September 30th-Senior Picture @ Westbrook Town Beach followed by the Senior Breakfast at the Elks. Bus departure time form WHS: 7:50 A.M.
I hope everyone had an enjoyable and relaxing weekend.
Tara A. Winch, Principal